Broadway Dance Center is thrilled to announce a full-time summer extension of its celebrated Children & Teen Program: the Junior Training Program. These three or six week courses, running from July to August, represent a powerful opportunity for experienced dancers aged 13-17 to immerse themselves in BDC’s legendary training here in the heart of Manhattan’s theater district.
About the Junior Training Program
The JTP offers the extraordinary opportunity to train in New York City with BDC's legendary faculty alongside professional dancers -- below are the specifics about this exciting new course.
- Six-week option: July 7 – Aug 15 • Application deadline is July 1
- Three-week options: July 7 – 25 OR July 28 – Aug 15 • Application deadline is July 1
- Each week, choose 15 classes from our drop-in schedule, featuring a vast variety of disciplines including Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Musical Theater, Funk, Hip-Hop, Breaking, African, Tap, Voice, Stretch, Pilates, Yoga and more.
- Classes taken Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm
- First-day parent and student orientation
- Placement class with faculty panel
- One-on-one student advising (mandatory, provided weekly)
- Weekly Master Class
- Nurturing full-time staff on hand to help guide your studies.
- In-house lunch option (for an additional fee)
Curriculum: after selecting a concentration of study (e.g. Jazz, Hip-Hop, Musical Theater, etc.), students take the following breakdown of classes – they have the assistance of a student advisor in selecting classes, but ultimately they choose their own classes within this structure, leaving them free to take full advantage of BDC’s vast and varied schedule
- Six concentration classes — Three set classes and three classes that can change weekly
- Four ballet
- Two diversity classes (from outside the concentration of study)
- One VAPSY class (Voice, Acting, Pilates, Stretch, or Yoga)
- Two electives (classes of students’ choosing)
Note to Parents
We at BDC are every bit as concerned that our students' parents are satisfied with the training and care we provide as we are about the students themselves. Please feel absolutely confident that your children will not only receive the finest dance education available, they will also be supervised and their safety certain. Our qualified staff will be on call during program hours to meet your children’s needs, and our invested faculty will work closely with them to ensure personal attention in the classroom
A parent or guardian will be required to attend the first-day orientation morning activities, and must choose whether students are permitted to leave campus during lunch breaks – this is at the parents’ discretion but must be indicated at the beginning of the course. Students who are permitted to leave BDC for lunch must sign in and out with BDC staff, and those who are staying at BDC for lunches must also sign in with staff before getting their lunches from the BDC store.
You must include the following in your application:
- A completed JTP Application Form.
- Dance résumé
- Headshot and/or portrait photo
- Two minute YouTube URL (please email link to JTP@bwydance.com) or DVD recording. While BDC is proud to honor various disciplines, ballet is a required component of the course — please demonstrate technical training or aptitude by displaying one minute of straightforward center ballet-based work (tombé, pas de bourré, glissade, assemblé, tendu fourth, pirouette, land fourth; and a grand jeté or saut de chat for example). The second minute should display student’s best personal style.
- $25 Application Fee • Click here to pay by Credit Card
Scan and email all documents to JTP@bwydance.com – we do not accept faxed applications. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Broadway Dance Center will notify you via email upon acceptance — you must have a valid email address.
Or Mail checks/payment information and forms to:
Broadway Dance Center
Attn: Junior Training Program
322 West 45th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10036
Checks payable to Broadway Dance Center (check or money order)
After BDC Receives Your Application
- BDC will notify you of your acceptance by email — please write your email address clearly on your application.
- Upon acceptance, full tuition is due.
- Once your tuition has been received, BDC will issue your official acceptance packet.
Methods of Payment
- We accept credit cards (MasterCard or Visa), Money Orders or Checks made payable to Broadway Dance Center
|July 7 - August 15||July 1||$1,500|
|July 7 - July 25||July 1||$850|
|July 25 - August 15||July 1||$850|
|There is a $25 administrative fee to extend your program.
Tuition rates subject to change.
- No refunds will be given for any absences not made up during period of study.
|Children & Teen Program Director
Allie Beach 212-582-9304 ext. 26