AIM Invitational 2016 Dates: March 18-20, 2016
Registration Now Closed
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Broadway Dance Center is pleased to announce the sixth annual AIM Invitational: a unique and powerful opportunity for young dancers to experience the professional dance industry, from classroom to stage, here in New York City. This weekend-long workshop will vastly expand your dancers’ horizons. We are thrilled to invite leading dance educators like you to submit pieces for consideration.
This prestigious event, sponsored by BDC’s youth performance company, Arts in Motion (AIM), offers prominent surrounding area studios the chance to showcase and enjoy feedback about their recital, concert, or competition pieces for an audience comprising some of today’s most distinguished dance industry professionals. The weekend will also include Master Classes at BDC’s legendary midtown studios and two classes from our drop-in schedule. Finally, dancers will learn and rehearse choreography at BDC to perform at the closing showcase gala in an New York City theater.
Works will be considered through a comprehensive selection process – applicants will be required to submit a video/clip of the performance piece(s) you wish to present. Please review the submission guidelines below.
We hope very much that you will be able to join us for this extraordinary weekend-long event, and give your dancers the remarkable opportunity to benefit from this singular experience in dance education.
March 18-20, 2016
Our 2016 event will begin the evening of Friday, March 18, and end the evening of Sunday, March 20. Please make travel arrangements accordingly.
Studios or Companies are welcome to submit solos, duets, trios, small and large groups
- Due to the performance theater's restrictions, TAP pieces will not be able to perform at this event.
- Open to dancers ages 9-18 years old
- Weekend commences with a three-hour rehearsal with an esteemed NYC choreographer for the finale showcase piece
- Two classes from BDC’s legendary open-class schedule
- Dancers will receive personal feedback from our panel of industry professionals
- Performance is open to public
- Performers also receive tote bag and certificate of Achievement
- Prizes and Scholarships abundantly awarded
- Additional options include DVD, photos, and merchandise
Video clips/ links must be submitted no later than February 21, 2016.
If accepted, you will be contacted no later than February 26, 2016.
Email clips/links to [email protected]
Mail DVDs to:
Broadway Dance Center
Attn: AIM Invitational
322 West 45th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10036
Each piece should be limited to a maximum of three minutes.
- All styles of dance are welcome to submit.
- There is a $25 non-refundable submission fee for up to three pieces.
- Event Fee per dancer: $85
- Solos: $150
- Duo/Trio: $100 per dancer
- Small Group (4-8 dancers): $75 per dancer
- Large Group (9-24 dancers): $65 per dancer
Each school/company will be limited to a maximum of three total entries. If time permits we may be able to accept more entries.