Broadway Dance Center is thrilled to present a full-time summer extension of its celebrated Children & Teen Program: the Junior Training Program. These three- or six-week courses, running from July to August, represent a powerful opportunity for experienced dancers ages 13-17 to immerse themselves in BDC’s legendary training here in the heart of Manhattan’s theater district.
About the Junior Training Program
The JTP offers the extraordinary opportunity to train in New York City with BDC's legendary faculty alongside professional dancers -- below are the specifics about this exciting course.
- Six-week option: July 6 – Aug 14 • Application deadline is June 30
- Three-week options: July 6 – 24 OR July 27 – Aug 14 • Application deadline is June 30
- Each week, choose 15 classes from our drop-in schedule, featuring a vast variety of disciplines including Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Musical Theater, Funk, Hip-Hop, Breaking, African, Tap, Voice, Stretch, Pilates, Yoga and more.
- Classes taken Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm
- Sunday evening orientation 6:00-7:30pm
- Meet and Greet w/ Parents and Dancers
- Rules and Guidelines Overview
- What to Expect: Placement, schedule advising, and JTP
- Lunch Permission
- Monday morning placement 8:00-10:30am
- 8:00-9:30am: Please come warmed up, dressed, and prepared for the following: Technique Jazz/Contemporary Combo Hip-Hop Combo
- 9:30-10:30am: Student advising
- Weekly Master Class
- Nurturing full-time staff on hand to help guide your studies.
- In-house lunch option (for an additional fee)
Curriculum: after selecting a concentration of study (e.g. Jazz, Hip-Hop, Musical Theater, etc.), students take the following breakdown of classes – they have the assistance of a student advisor in selecting classes, but ultimately they choose their own classes within this structure, leaving them free to take full advantage of BDC’s vast and varied schedule
- Six concentration classes — Three set classes and three classes that can change weekly
- Four ballet
- Two diversity classes (from outside the concentration of study)
- One VAPSY class (Voice, Acting, Pilates, Stretch, or Yoga)
- Two electives (classes of students’ choosing)
- Scholarships awarded in each session to our International Student Visa Program and Professional Semester elite training course!
Note to Parents
At BDC we care very deeply that our students' parents are as satisfied with the training and care we provide as are the students themselves. We want you to feel absolutely confident that your children will not only receive the finest dance education available, they will also be supervised and their safety ensured. Our qualified staff will be on call during program hours to meet your children’s needs, and our invested faculty will work closely with them to provide personal attention in the classroom.
We ask that a parent or guardian attend the Sunday evening orientation so that we can connect with you and explain the logistics of the program, and decide whether students are permitted to leave campus during lunch breaks – this is at the parents’ discretion but must be indicated at the beginning of the course. We ask that students who are permitted to leave BDC for lunch sign in and out with BDC staff, and those who are staying at BDC for lunches please also sign in with staff before getting their lunches from the BDC store.
All other programs logistics will be explained clearly before your child arrives via email or at the orientation meeting. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions whatsoever!*We ask that dancers have at least three years of dance training
You must include the following in your application:
- A completed JTP Application Form.
- Dance résumé
- Headshot and/or portrait photo
- Two minute YouTube URL (please email link to [email protected]). Please commence the video by speaking directly to the camera, stating your name, where you're from, and why you want to join the Junior Training Program at Broadway Dance Center. While BDC is proud to honor various disciplines, ballet is a required component of the course — please demonstrate technical training or aptitude by displaying one minute of straightforward center ballet-based work (tombé, pas de bourré, glissade, assemblé, tendu fourth, pirouette, land fourth; and a grand jeté or saut de chat for example). The second minute should display student’s best personal style.
- $25 Application Fee • Click here to pay by Credit Card
Scan and email all documents to [email protected] – we do not accept faxed applications. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Broadway Dance Center will notify you via email upon acceptance — you must have a valid email address.
Or Mail checks/payment information and forms to:
Broadway Dance Center
Attn: Junior Training Program
322 West 45th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10036
Checks payable to Broadway Dance Center (check or money order)
After BDC Receives Your Application
- BDC will notify you of your acceptance by email — please write your email address clearly on your application.
- Upon acceptance, full tuition is due.
- Once your tuition has been received, BDC will issue your official acceptance packet.
Methods of Payment
- We accept credit cards (MasterCard or Visa), Money Orders or Checks made payable to Broadway Dance Center
|July 6 - August 14||June 30||$1,600|
|July 6 - July 24||June 30||$875|
|July 27 - August 14||June 30||$875|
|There is a $25 administrative fee to extend your program.
Tuition rates subject to change.
- No refunds will be given for any absences not made up during period of study.
|Children & Teen Program Director
Allie Beach 212-582-9304 ext. 26